Wow, that’s a long title! Do you ever sit your kid in front of the TV because you just don’t have a clue what to do some days? I know there are super-moms out there that maybe don’t struggle with this, but if you’re like me, sometimes you feel you’re an inadequate teacher for your children (totally easy to feel that way, BTW, when you’re comparing yourself to all the Pinterest mommies out there)
Here is a list of books/resources that I have used, am using, or plan to use to help me play with and teach my toddler – they all give me great ideas when I’m lost:
1) The Toddler’s Busy Book by Trish Kuffner: full of great arts, crafts, educational activities, fun activities, cooking, etc (one idea she had was blanket rides around the house – insanely fun for the tot)
2) Baby Signing Time and Signing Time videos – helped us to communicate since she prefers not to talk. Plus, they’re super cute and entertaining while educating!
3) Little Adventures Preschool blog – she does in-home preschool and provides lesson plans and printables so you can follow along.
4) Education.com – fun printables by age/grade. I use preschool printables which include coloring pages, games, activities, letter writing, and more.
5) We Care: A Preschool Curriculum for Children Ages 2-5 – provides teaching exercises, activities, recipes, crafts, arts… all sorts of stuff to help conduct a rounded education (we use this informally)
6) Dollar store coloring books and educational workbooks
7) Television and iPad apps – my child is a visual learner and very often I’ll watch educational programs with her so I can interact with the shows and know that she does pick up on skills through them. Apps? hey, we’re kinda techies here and she loves her educational apps.
8) Pinterest – you can follow me here to see what I’ve pinned and then start re-pinning things you like 🙂
9) Follow your child’s lead – often mine will point to her do-a-dot paints or grab a pen. They sometimes just need to be given the freedom to choose what they want to do.
I know I didn’t list nearly the amount of resources there are… Do you have any special resources you use? Share your amazing resources here, even if it’s your own blog!
Some posts may contain affiliate links, please see my disclaimer page for more info.