I’ve been given the opportunity to review Boogie Wipes, and quite fittingly, for sure, since our little S has been known to get some seriously stubborn boogies that have required more effort than I ever imagined my career as a mom would have entailed.
Do you want to know what I think about Boogie Wipes?
Honestly, the girl has had boogies in her nose that are so large and stubborn that we’ve had to go as far as minor surgery using tweezers to grab hold and excavate them. Perhaps using the term “surgery” is an exaggeration, but it does feel that way at times when, in the process, she’s crying and fighting like we’re hurting her.
So, the Boogie Wipes arrived just in time for a small boogie to have already formed. I tried to take a picture of Shelby’s face, but getting an 11 month old to sit still for a clear close-up is practically impossible.
Shown above is the arsenal of products I had to choose from for Shelby’s first try at the wipes in Fresh Scent, Grape, and Minty Menthol. I chose to open the larger package of Fresh Scent Wipes assuming that I’d be using them fairly frequently around the house, saving the smaller trial packs for outings.
* The package was easy to open – no struggle meant getting to business quickly, and with a little one on the run, the quicker the better.
* I pulled one wipe easily from the package and the Fresh Scent was reminiscent of a light and delightful spa fragrance. It was so pleasant, I imagined the fragrance would have been nice in an oil warmer in my house.
* I sat Shelby on my lap and rubbed the area around the nostril and poked my wipe-covered finger just into her nostril and on the 3rd try, the boogie came out with ease! That’s a first for us! It was nice that it wasn’t a near surgical procedure to loosen and remove her boogie and was free to play in record time.
* There’s plenty of sturdy wipe to fold up and keep using on the face, which I did to clean Shelby’s mouth from breakfast as well.
* I used a wipe on my own face to see how it felt. The fibers were noticeable, though not harsh on the face, and I could tell they were useful in gripping any debris on the face.
The Grape scented wipes smelled much like grape soda – the scent was somewhat strong out of the package, but made Shelby’s face smell edible.
The Minty Menthol scented wipes were very “medicinal” smelling. I breathed some in and could feel the vapors traveling from my nose just to my throat. I think it will be a wonderful wipe to use when the little one has a cold, but I don’t believe I would be comfortable using these often otherwise.
Upon second and subsequent uses, I’ve figured out that if there’s a stubborn boogie in the nose, it takes about three passes to loosen the stuck mucous from the side to release the boogie, which then sticks to the wipe. It’s a quick and painless process for Shelby and myself. Additionally, they’re perfect wipes for wiping off baby’s face from lunch – anything that dried on the face at lunch was no match for these durable wipes. Each scented wipe that I tried was consistently as useful as the other, so the fragrances had little to no effect on the effectiveness of the wipes.
I even decided to get rough with the wipes. These guys seem to hold up to some serious abuse! Shown here is the corner of a wipe before
The fibers are so strong, that this tugging didn’t tear the wipe. I really had to give it some effort to get it to tear, so I think these wipes are going to stand up to some serious work!
Are you and your friends ready to try your luck at winning a prize pack from Boogie Wipes? 1 lucky winner will receive 2 packs of Boogie Wipes. This giveaway will run Monday August 20th (12:01 a.m. EST) – Monday August 27th (12:01 a.m. EST) 2012.